John Brownstone and I try really hard to be mature adults about so many things, including the Loving BDSM podcast.
“I think we should map out our show topics a month at a time, Daddy.”
“That sounds like a great idea, Babygirl.”
Cue three hours before we’re supposed to record a show…
“Uhhhh, what do you want to talk about this week?”
“I don’t know, what do you want to talk about?”
This time, we knew exactly what our problem was. We were low energy, unmotivated blobs – at work, at home, and in our kinky lives. And it seemed to be happening to everyone we knew, no matter their flavor. I don’t think we’re special snowflakes. If something happens to us, I’m sure it happens to other people.
Okay, so maybe not everyone cries in the garage to their Daddy Dom and begs not to have to cook or wash dishes for the night because you can’t even like me. Whatever your own version looks like, it happens to all of us. When it impacts our D/s relationships and kinky lives, we can convince ourselves something is wrong when really it’s just a time of low energy and motivation.
And, like a light bulb going off (or at least becoming less dim), a show topic was found.
From the show:
- John Brownstone’s having a sale on his (very vanilla) Etsy shop!
- We haven’t been motivated to do anything this week (the first week of the year and back from vacation) – not even much kinky fuckery.
- Lack of motivation is normal.
- Go too long not feeling like doing your normal routine – especially the D/s – and you’ll start to really notice it.
- Sometimes submissives really don’t want to do a task. We usually do it, but it helps to feel motivated and excited.
- Strong rules and discipline can help. Knowing there are consequences usually keeps me going.
- Even Dominants can not want to do their normal thing like make decisions or deal with problems.
- Talk about it when it happens.
- Find ways to recharge and do things that help you relax.
- We got postcards!
Listen to the show:
Listen on iTunes (and leave a review if you love what you hear!)
Podcast Addict (free app for Android!)
Or click the button below…
Leave a Comment