Self-care has been on my mind a lot lately. From the weird mental gunk that's been slowing me down to my some of my physical health woes (I've recently discovered I'm lactose intolerant, y'all, and I neeeeeeed real cream in my coffee!!), my health and well-being has been a big topic of conversation in our house.
At the same time, John Brownstone is stressed to the max and has little time for his own self-care. He hasn't had time to turn wood, make pens, or build pretty paddles in ages, and his idea of exercise has been the walk from the car to the front door every day.
In last week's episode, we talked about the responsibilities we have as Dominants and submissives, especially in a D/s relationship. One of those was taking care of ourselves so that we can take care of each other. Since it's been on my mind so much, I thought I'd talk about it this week in the podcast.
And if you have any specific ways of taking care of yourself that I don't mention, please let me know. I'll take as many ideas as I can get - to help us and everyone else.
(Note: There's no transcript this week. I had to do this show on the fly with just an outline, no script.)
From the show:
- I'm feeling better because of John Brownstone’s birthday - July 12 (Happy Birthday, Daddy!)
- Last week we discussed responsibilities and one of those was taking care of yourself.
- These are things I do that work for me or that other people I know have said work for them. You have to find what works for you and your particular situation.
- You need to take care of yourself whether you’re in a relationship or not.
- When you're single, it's important to take care of yourself so that you're in a good place for finding the right relationship for you.
- Eating right for your body and your health
- Take care of your mental health
- Go to the doctor
- Pursue your own interests and hobbies
- Make friends - online or in person
- Dog the things that interest you as Dom or sub - kinky thing
- Communicate how you feel and what you need or want
- The one year anniversary is coming up! We have something big planned for everyone - a giveaway!! More details coming soon.
Listen to the show:
Listen on iTunes (and leave a review if you love what you hear!)
Or click the button below...