I haven't done a lot of award things lately. Not because I don't appreciate the nods or like awards. Who doesn't like recognition?! I have no excuse except laziness. So when John Satisfy nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award, I decided to stop being so damn lazy! Plus, there's several amazing bloggers I'd like to nominate myself.
For the record, you totally need to check John Satisfy out. He's got a cool blog, and he was the first person to ever interview me! And, if you need something new to read, check out his Amazon page. Just sayin', y'all.
Ok, let's do this thing.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Ok, so the questions John asked are...
- Where do you like to write? I'd like to write on a tropical island, drinking a fruity alcoholic beverage. But the place I actually write, and that seems to work the best for me is my kitchen table. After June, I might branch out a bit, but for right now, that's it.
- Do you listen to music when you write? Never. I'm already distracted by the internet and the boys running around like crazy people. I can't imagine adding music!
- What’s your favorite fruit? Watermelon!
- What is your favorite movie? Ugh, I hate choosing. My favorite movie depends on my mood. Sometimes it's Tangled. Sometimes it's How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Sometimes it's whatever I've just seen in the movie theater that I really liked. But, as I write this, I think I can say my all time favorite movie is Eat, Love, Pray.
- What do you consider your most triumphant achievement? I don't think in those terms. I'm proud of who I have become since my divorce in 2011. I'm proud of the submissive babygirl I have become with Daddy. I'm proud that I've published my writing and will continue to do so. I'm proud (and terrified) that I'm starting my own business. I'm proud that I've taken care of my children basically by myself for three years. But all those things are even with one another. My most triumphant achievement is surviving and thriving.
- When will you consider yourself successful? When I'm doing what I love and helping to support my family at the same time. I'm taking baby steps in that direction.
- What addiction do you have? Tea. Hot tea with sugar and half and half. Iced tea- especially sweet iced tea! I love tea the way a fat kid loves cake.
- What do you consider your best trait? Can I have a few? Loyalty, determination, trustworthiness, dedication, my ability to love.
- Where is your favorite vacation destination? Anywhere there's water. The beach is my preference, but I'll take lakes, ponds, and rivers.
- What’s your earliest memory? The earliest memory I have is sitting in a truck with my parents, going to the beach. I remember seeing the building as we drove by. I remember seeing the water (Atlantic Ocean, I believe). I remember my parents holding me in their arms, passing me back and forth. I believe I was 2 or 3.
- Who do you admire the most? My mom. She's worked hard my entire life. She's the one who taught me that you work hard for the things you want in life, and if you do, you will be rewarded. She taught me to be tough and fierce when it's necessary, and willing to give in when that's necessary, too. People say we look alike, and even though I don't see it, I like it, because I think she's pretty. Sappy but true.
Now, the hard part...11 random facts about me:
- I get my nails painted a new color every two weeks.
- I love avocados and will eat them with almost anything - or by themselves. I love them that much.
- I played alto sax in band from 6th grade through my senior year of high school.
- Seven years ago, I weighed 260 pounds, and over three years, I lost 88 pounds.
- My favorite books to read to the boys are Dr. Seuss because they're fun to read out loud.
- I hate green apples.
- I talk to myself when I'm at work - to the hilarity of the person who shares an office with me.
- My best friends (all of them) are old enough to be my parents, and I'm ok with that. I relate better with people 15-20 years older than me than people my own age.
- I cry if I get too cold. When I was a kid, we didn't have central heat and air. Sometimes I would wake up with popsicle toes, and I'd sob because I hated it. And even now, I still cry.
- In second through fifth grade, I was the tallest girl in elementary school.
- I read a Harry Potter book while I was in labor with my oldest - because the book was too good to put down.
For my nominees, I went with bloggers I love and admire for different reasons.
Southern Sir's Place (You're shocked, right?)
I know I'm supposed to nominate 5 to 11, but I'm a mavericky maverick, ok? Or maybe I'm a minimalist. Hmmm, not sure.
And last, but not least, my 11 questions for these bloggers to answer:
- How old were you the first time you fell in love?
- What's your favorite color?
- What's your favorite food?
- Who's your favorite author?
- What inspired you to start a blog (this one or any blog)?
- What do you dream about doing that you haven't yet?
- What's your dream job?
- What makes you smile?
- What makes you really, really angry?
- What do you do to de-stress?
- What was your first car?
Make sure to go check out the blogs linked to in this post! Show a little love, y'all!