I spent several days right at the edge of my comfort zone. Hell, let’s be honest, I was hanging off the cliff of that comfort zone by my fingernails.
Traveling to London. Meeting new people and doing new things at Eroticon. Being apart from John Brownstone (yes, I can do it, but I don’t want to).
I didn’t take great care of myself at first. Little food. Less caffeine. No sleep. But I found my groove and my confidence. And I’m an evangelist of the power of Eroticon itself as well as doing the things that terrify you.
On the podcast this week, we discuss exactly that by way of an update from my trip and a big announcement for the future plans of the Loving BDSM show. We don’t get a guarantee of anything in this life, but from my perspective, good things can happen at the edge of your comfort zone.
From the show:
- Heading to London was a bigger deal to my mental health than I wanted to admit until I was on my way.
- My anxiety was at an all time high.
- I cried in the airport and had a small panic attack on an airplane.
- I got lost in London – sort of.
- Two Americans had to go to London to find each other.
- I sat in amazing sessions and talked to brilliant people.
- I didn’t take good care of myself at first – not eating, not sleeping, and definitely not getting enough coffee.
- I did the thing I was terrified to do, and it makes other things feel much more possible as a result.
- Even better, the new goal is for John Brownstone to go with me next year!
- We’re taking a 4-6 week hiatus to build a new home for the podcast.
- It’ll be a brand new website just for the show so we can include more resources and information for people who want it.
- We’re also going to add space for forums, chats, and more video so that people who want to connect outside of the show will have a place to do that.
- It’s scary to go away for a few weeks, but it’s also needed. We’re on the edge of burn out.
- The postcard project continues even though we didn’t get any this week.
- Keeping sending them! We’ll do a big shout-out on the first show.
- And if when you receive one from us, feel free to tag us online or let us know what you think.
- I could not have gone to London and we could not do the show without the support of everyone who listens, reads, and messages us. We love you all!
Listen to the show:
Listen on iTunes (and leave a review if you love what you hear!)
Podcast Addict (free app for Android!)
Or click the button below…
Leave a Comment