I’m a goody two-shoes who adores being praised for a job well done, which would explain why the words “good girl” bring me to the brink of orgasm. When Missy at thedreamingsub nominated me for an award, I had that gushy, girly moment of, “Oh my God! You like me!” Yeah, it happened. Missy is a trip, and she’s just trying to figure it all out like the rest of us. I get the feeling, from talking to her and reading her stuff, that together we could be dangerous – but it would be a LOT of fun.
I’m accepting the award and will do my best to follow ALL the rules.
To accept the award, I have some rules to follow: (Please copy and paste this in your own award)
- When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
- One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
- One pastes the award picture into ones blog. (You can google the image, there are plenty of them!)
Ok, 11 random facts (this is always the hardest part):
1. I wear glasses, and Dorothy Parker was right – men rarely make passes at girls who wear glasses. Thankfully, my Sir seems to adore them.
2. I love the smell of lavender. Candles, linen spray, floor cleaner, dryer sheets – they are ALL lavender-scented.
3. Up until about 6 months ago, my hair was boy-short, an inch or two long. I’m currently growing it out – because it makes Him happy. It helps that I kind of like it, too.
4. I want to be a writer when I grow up – a writer who gets paid to write.
5. I’m a single mom of two little boys (7 and 3) with a “douchebag” sperm donor for an ex husband. Sir really doesn’t like him.
6. I sometimes wonder if my mother is a submissive – but I’m not brave enough to ask.
7. I’m terrified of roller coasters.
8. I will kill a spider or other bug in my house and pretend to be brave about it in front of my children. Inside, I’m crying, screaming, and freaking out – but only on the inside.
9. I was mocked by a group of women for saying that I wasn’t interested in reading 50 Shades of Grey because I had heard it was poorly written. No, I didn’t tell them the main reason why I won’t read it.
10. My favorite color is blue but almost nothing I own is blue.
11. I’m really impressed that I managed to come up with 10 random facts and figured it was ok if the 11th one spoke of my pride in myself.
1) What’s your favorite season and why?
I have two – spring and fall. I live in Florida, so the weather is mild and usually very nice, lots of sunshine.
2) What’s your first memory?
My parents fighting while I sat on the couch and cried. Sad but true. They never divorced and were together until my father died when I was 22, but that’s the first memory I have.
3) What’s your favorite poem?
I’m horrible, but I don’t read a lot of poetry – certainly not enough to have a favorite.
4) What is one thing you regret?
I regret not going to graduate school after I finished college. That being said, I don’t truly have regrets in life because I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the choices I’ve made in the past. And I happen to like myself, so there’s nothing to regret…right?
5) If you could change one thing about your life…what would you change?
I would be closer to Sir, working a job that pays me more money. By the way, I’m working on that.
6) Do you have an unusual talent and what is it?
I remember weird, random details. I remember phone numbers I no longer need. I still remember my ex-husband’s social security number. I remember bits of conversations that other people have in my presence.
7) If you could pick out a character from a book who represents you best…who would you be and from which book?
At the risk of sounding arrogant, I haven’t come across that character yet. I always related best to Jo in Little Women, but it’s been a while since I read the book, and I’d like to think I’ve changed since I was a girl reading that book.
8) What is your internal theme song?
That depends on the moment. Sometimes it’s “I Gotta Feelin'” by the Black-Eyed Peas, sometimes it’s “Home” by Phillip Phillips, sometimes it’s “Firecracker” by Katy Perry, sometimes it’s “Everybody Loves” by Ingrid Michaelson. If I post a song on my blog, it’s in my internal theme song library, too.
9) Do you speak another language and if so which one?
Nope. I took 4 years of Spanish in high school, and three semesters in college, and I can’t speak anymore Spanish than what Dora speaks on Nickelodeon. I never could though. There was a time I could read and write Spanish fairly well. I took French in high school, too. Same problem.
10) Are you happy? What do you need to be happy?
I’m becoming happier and more content. I need to know I’m taking care of and providing for my family. I need to know that I’m loved. And, this is still new to me, but I need to serve and submit. When those three things are in balance, I’m a very happy woman.
11) When was the last time you cried?
This morning as I, for the first in my life, feared for my children’s safety (strange babysitter issue, already resolved, scared the shit out of me).
New Questions (the fucking hard part):
1. How would other people describe you?
2. How would you describe yourself?
3. What do you love to do?
4. What do you hate to do?
5. What do you dream of doing with your life and are you working towards that dream?
6. When was the last time you laughed?
7. Who was your first love?
8. Who do you love now?
9. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Who did you look up to as a child? Who was your hero?
11. What turns you on? What’s your kink? (You knew I had to ask – I write about SEX!)
The Nominees (the easier part, sort of):
Mari Mar – I love her point of view
My Journey Into Submission – preach on sister, preach on.
I’m Not Anastasia – we’re different, but there are similarities – which comforts me.
Still, You Turn Me On – yes he does.
Creative Noodling – I found her through another blog I love, and I’m addicted.
A Good Woman’s Dirty Mind – the name says it all.
Surrendered By Choice – she’s trying her hand at fiction, and I’m hooked!
Love, Sex, and Marriage (LSAM for short) – even her drunk posts are excellent!
Theo Black – he’s back, I’m happy, and I hope with all my heart that things work out for he and his love.
Discovery – one of the first blogs I ever started following, she makes me a better writer.
The Kinky World of Vile – I learn something from him every time he posts.
I just love award season!!