You're an erotic author with a new book out - yay you!
You're an erotic author with several books already out - woohoo!
Either way, you know that promotion is damn hard, and getting eyes on you, your brand, and your book takes work. I get it - I promise!
I have a lot of author friends who are always looking to promote a new book (so am I, by the way). With that in mind, I created Shameless Promotion Thursdays. It's the one day a week I will shamelessly promote erotic books - mine and others.
Become One of the Shamelessly Promoted
The way I used to handle it was a little scattered, so I thought I'd make the system a bit easier. Here's what you need to know.
- First preference is always given to someone I know. Facebook friends, Twitter buds, publishing contacts, whatever. Get to know me and be real to me, and you're closer to the front of the line.
- If space is available, and the blurb of your book is interesting, you can always request a promo even if we're strangers.
- I don't usually accept review requests unless it's a BDSM-themed book, and I can't promise when the review will be published.
- The basic promo post will include: cover image, book blurb, excerpt, purchase links, author bio, and any social/follow links. You should send the image as a separate attachment and the rest of the information in a Word document.
- If you want to do a guest post, Top 10, or whatever instead of the blurb/excerpt - feel free. Just remember your audience - we're all kinky freaks around here.
- I will include your Twitter handle in the title - this way you can see how often it's shared and by whom, plus your followers have a greater chance of seeing the post, too. Double-whammy, right?
Send your request in a few weeks sooner than you want the promo to go out. If you have a new release next week, but I don't have any availability for a month, that could be a problem.
Promotions only occur on Thursdays.
I publish a maximum of two Shameless Promotions a week (both on Thursdays). If I'm part of a blog hop or whatever for a book (my own or someone else's), that counts as one promo for the day.
I don't want to be a hardass about all of it. I truly do love helping other authors. But I also don't want to be spammed. So read the rules first before getting in touch. If you're still interested, contact me (<==click the link!) or send me an email at kaylalords at gmail dot com and let's see what we can work out.