You're an erotic author with a new book out - yay you!
You're an erotic author with several books already out - woohoo!
Either way, you know that promotion is damn hard, and getting eyes on you, your brand, and your book takes work. I get it - I promise!
I have a lot of author friends who are always looking to promote a new book (so am I, by the way). With that in mind, I created Shameless Promotion Thursdays. It's the one day a week I will shamelessly promote erotic books - mine and others.
Become One of the Shamelessly Promoted
The way I used to handle it was a little scattered, so I thought I'd make the system a bit easier. Here's what you need to know.
- First preference is always given to someone I know. Facebook friends, Twitter buds, publishing contacts, whatever. Get to know me and be real to me, and you're closer to the front of the line.
- If I don't know you, it's more difficult. If space is available, and the blurb of your book is interesting, you can always request a promo - but I make no promises.
- I don't typically do reviews unless it's a BDSM-themed book - erotic or otherwise. If I don't like it, I won't post a review.
- The basic promo post will include: cover image, book blurb, excerpt (the steamier, the better), purchase links, author bio, and any social/follow links. You should send the image as a separate attachment and the rest of the information in a Word document. Don't send it to me until I agree to do the promo. Just don't. I consider that spam and now I'm really not interested.
- If you want to do a guest post, Top 10, or whatever - feel free. Just remember your audience - we're all kinky freaks around here.
- I will include your Twitter handle in the title - this way you can see how often it's shared and by whom, plus your followers have a greater chance of seeing the post, too. Double-whammy, right?
I don't know how popular this will become, but I recommend asking a few weeks sooner than you want the promo to go out. If you have a new release next week, but I don't have any availability for a month, that could be a problem - for you.
Let me repeat, promotions only occur on Thursdays.
I only allow two a day. If I'm part of a blog hop or whatever for a book (my own or someone else's), that counts as one promo for the day.
I don't want to be a hardass about all of it. I truly do love helping other authors. But I also don't want to be spammed. So read the rules, and then go actually read them again. If you're still interested, use the form below to contact me and let's see what we can work out.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]