When I say "crazy" I don't mean mental illness, but ask a submissive who went through subfrenzy and looked back on the experience with clarity, and that's the word most of us would use. I know I do.
Knowing what I know now, the only explanation is that I lost my damn mind in subfrenzy. I was fortunate enough that I didn't get mixed up with a bad/poser Dom when it happened to me.
I don't know this for a fact, but I'm willing to bet that some of the problems new submissives find themselves in are because they're in subfrenzy. That overwhelming desire and eagerness to submit can cloud you're thinking, allow you to say yes to a person you might otherwise avoid, keep you from sharing your needs and wants, or stay in a bad situation longer than you should.
So, it's time to talk about it. Not everyone has heard of subfrenzy, and most of us don't see it until we're out of it. But it's something that happens to a lot of new submissives and even subs who haven't been in a D/s relationship in a long time.
In this show:
- What is subfrenzy? A heady emotional time when a submissive is so excited and eager to submit that they go above and beyond, are overly enthusiastic, and will sometimes submit to someone not worthy out of the sheer excitement and happiness to be submitting at all.
- Subfrenzy is one cause of many common problems submissives face.
- When you're in the middle of subfrenzy, you don't usually know you're in it, and so it's not something you can just snap out of.
- Is there a Dominant equivalent? We don't know but if anyone has an opinion, we're definitely interested.
- What to do if you think subfrenzy put you in a bad situation or relationship
- Subfrenzy is why it’s important never to give up your ability to consent, communicate, and negotiate - no matter how exciting it feels to finally submit.
- We've got a new community-building postcard project (details in the bonus section!).
Listen to the show:
Listen on iTunes (and leave a review if you love what you hear!)
Podcast Addict (free app for Android!)
Or click the button below...