The other day John Brownstone and I got into a heated back and forth, and by the end of the conversation, he was pissed off at me. My feelings were hurt, but he was angry. Like seeing red angry.
He ended the conversation with just a few words, and none of them were sweet or nice. Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch (assuming anyone in this crowd is even wearing panties), he was never rude or nasty. He just more stern Dominant than Daddy Dominant.
And I got to thinking...do we (and by "we" I mean "the BDSM community") spend much time talking about arguments and disagreements in D/s relationships? Or do we all assume that Dominants have such total control that arguments just don't happen?
Well, y'all, they do, and of course, a podcast episode was born. (Because that's how I roll.)
This one is for those who freak out during their first (or second) argument - don't worry, you're not alone, I did, too. And for those who haven't gone through it yet...don't worry, you will.
From the show:
- Arguments and disagreements are completely normal.
- It doesn't mean your relationship is doomed.
- It doesn't mean you're not a good submissive or a good Dominant.
- I believe there are three "truths" to most arguments in a D/s relationship.
- 24/7 D/s relationships will likely handle their arguments and disagreements much differently than bedroom only D/s and even Master/slave relationships.
- Both submissives and Dominants will react differently to arguments and disagreements. The key is communication.
- If something doesn't work for you in your D/s relationship, you need to talk about it with each other.
Listen to the show:
Listen on iTunes (and leave a review if you love what you hear!)
Or click the pretty button below...
If you enjoy the podcast episodes (or anything you find here on the site), please consider helping keep this going and even help it grow by supporting me on Patreon.